Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2007 recap/plans for 2008

a few years ago, i set forth with this newfound attitude about and for entering the world of art, and how this is relevant to me specifically. Each year i find myself getting closer and closer to my goals, while discovering new ones at the same time..2007 was a major turning point as far as where things are going. i made it a goal in 07' to experiment and get involved in small shows, kinda hustling and making connections. this was more about experimentation than anything else. But i set a focus on painting portraiture last january,which led to rediscovering oils in may, and havent been able to stop ever since. ive painted 6 oil paintings, 3 skatedecks, 2 pen/ink comics, a bunch of freelance stuff, and even began getting amazingly beautiful photographs by chance when getting my reference and setting up shoots. it was all about resurrecting old interests, past mediums, and collectively using what ive learned in the last 6 or so years...
the tattoo world has been great as well, as ive made it to boston 2 times, and philly once for conventions,seminars,networking and the works. i got to do really awesome pieces this year, many of which are on my painting subjects. (latest tattoo on jellyboy the clown from philly, who is also the subject of a horribly dirty comic)..i got to meet and get a little demo from shawn barber in nyc last may, which really inspired my painting process. I then attended his solo show in august,and i highly recommend his painting dvd to any painter.
There is also a new project that ive been putting a lot of work into lately, though until i complete copyrighting and trademarking this new idea and product(s), yes, thats right Lots Of Merchandise in store, i cant reveal it.its been my focus and drive for the past 2 months... its all part of my plan to make some real cash from my art for 2008, while at the same time doing something completely original, working with venues for selling my stuff, doing what i love and seeing the monetary and artistically fulfilling reward.
I have a new perspective on life, especially the artists life. ive eliminated all drama and only continue relations with true, genuine people, who have the same vision and goals that i do. There is no negativity around me and its a great feeling. i have a wonderful family and awesome network of friends. i wish peace and prosperity to all my friends struggling in the same boat, happy new year, and God bless!
love magie

No comments: